Skip to main content

I MET A BARRISTER -GreatGlorious


During my second year in school, the alumni arm of the fellowship body I attended was to hold a 3-day conference. As the welfare coordinator in fellowship then, I was involved in the program planning process. This helped created a cordial relationship between me and most of the alumni. The D-day came; due to the numerous planning activities, I became so exhausted and decided to rest a little before attending the program. I ended up getting to the venue when the program was already closing. I made way to some of the alumni I knew and greeted them. Among them was a fair young man, he looked like a white man whom I have never seen before. He seemed to be attending the conference for the first time. I pondered on who he was but never really cared and went about my business.

The second day came which coincided with an activity I had in school. Owing to my responsibility, I had to forfeit it for the conference. I was not really happy with the decision I made, so I sat at the back of the hall and paid little attention to the various segments of the programme as they unfolded. After some time, our vice president walked up to me and requested that I place three sits at the front for a talk show. I asked who the anchor was and she pointed at this fellow I saw the day before, I began wondering again what kind of a person he was.

In a nutshell, he swept me off my feet in the course of his teachings; he made a statement that struck me, and which also initiated this write-up. He said, “He who has no motivating factor for his journey will crash or give up someday”, and gave an illustration using his mother. He was a barrister who graduated with a first class, a master’s degree holder, lecturer and was also pursuing his PhD then. He gave instances of his days in school where giving up appeared to be the only option, but he survived because he had a motivating factor (his mother). He gave instances of how distractions, tiredness, and weakness set in most times, in the course of his journey, but his mother stood in as the fuel with which he burned brighter. He said the thought of not disappointing his mother and creating a better life for her always spurred him to keep fighting on no matter the challenges.

Those words birthed a new me. It once again ignited the fire, aspirations and high hopes I had before entering school. He was like the person I needed at that stage of my life. Boldness was stirred up in me as the pictures of my high dreams/future began flashing through my mind. Purpose began burning in me again, I saw more reasons not to fail or disappoint my future. So, I walked up to him after the session; we talked and exchanged contacts as well. After that day I aligned myself back on track and walked in that light till date. I love and celebrate the state I am now in and still getting to, but I realize that the possibility of where I am today is as a result of those statements from him, Barrister Matthew Ayibakuro.

Further resolution I develop from his teaching and the few minutes interaction with Barrister Mattew Ayibakuro is the fact that one can have the best or great ideas and opportunities, come from a well to do family but if there’s no motivating factor behind such individual, even with all those resources the possibility of failing will be very high.

I’ve come to realize that most people didn’t fail or give up because they had poor or bad dreams, not also because they couldn’t meet up or were not courageous enough, but because they lacked a motivating factor to ignite them each time the storms of life came. Just like the saying goes, when the purpose of a thing is not known abuse is inevitable. Indeed, there’s every tendency of abusing those beautiful dreams and visions of ours if we lack a purpose for which we ought to execute them. The reason why a relay runner doesn’t give up in the midst of weariness is because of the prize at the end, the reason why a farmer doesn’t relent in planting, tilling, weeding etc. irrespective of the hot temperature and the possible dangers in the bush, is because of the harvest he/she gets at the end. Even as believers, our motivation is the promises of God to us in the scripture. So even when trials and temptations come, we have them as the fuel to keep burning or believing. 

Success to a great extent, in whatever we venture into is associated with the drive or motivating factor behind it. You must have what spurs you on each time you seem to be falling; you must have a burning passion for whatever you choose to do that can stand the test of time.  You must have a reason/purpose which you can use as a stepping stone no matter the challenges involved in whatever path you choose in life, in other to achieve success. Same way the reason we live is purpose, in whatever we venture into, we must have a purpose for it. Whatever is backed up by purpose can never be abused. Don’t just start up a business, don’t just take up a course in life, and don’t just join the trend without a motivating factor, or else giving up won’t skip you.

 A motivating factor stands as oil that fuels your engine, it stands as a helper in time of need, and it stands as a liberator, which helps us to continue when all hope is gone. That which we could see as a reason not to fail in the midst of crisis, and that which helps pushes out the greatness and uniqueness in us. 

A motivating factor could be your parents, past experiences, family background, loved ones and above all your future or purpose in life.
For if there’s no “WHY” behind your motive then there’s no future for it.

Life is characterized with ups and down but the reason for which we can still hold on is what gets us success, dream! But have a purpose or reason why you won’t fail that dream.

Wanna share your life inspiring experiences with the world? 
Email: charmspaul007@gmail.com

Comments

  1. 👏👏 Life is certainly about meeting people and it is surely better when you meet the right people that inspire you. Nice one !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well spoken....The words we hear at certain stages in our lives can spur us to do better or fail at whatever we intend to achieve.... Surround yourself with people that spur you to do better and are mindful of where you are headed to......Nice writeup

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing in our vision of INSPIRING HOPE in every corner.
Kindly share as we trend Hope.

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT'S YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO LIFE❓

WHAT'S YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO LIFE❓ Everyone and everything on earth has something to contribute to life however big or however small. The trees, the sun, the moon, the sand, insects, cars, ideas and everything existing whether animate or inanimate has a lot to fulfill. If animals and even inanimate object contributes to living and has things to offer the world; thoughts like why humans created with better features and qualities feel they have nothing to offer this world can't help but peruse my mind. Reminiscing on these thoughts, I think it's because people has lost sight of the value of the little things. As the saying goes, "little drops of water makes a might ocean", that little smile can start a life changing relationship. That kind act of love can save a generation. That transport fare paid for that stranger can make a billionaire. That silent prayer said can heal a life. Talk more of the teachings we've been giving out to thousands of pe

LIFE IS A PREREQUISITE FOR HOPE

Everyday comes with new challenges that we have to face and mountains we have to surmount. Life is filled with ups and downs. As a new day dawns, different things comes to our mind; things we want to achieve, things we have not achieved, sometimes regrets of unfulfilment, disappointment and feat to carry on; but once there is life, there is hope. Life is living and nothing in this life is worth dying. The only thing that is worth dying for has died for us. What do you want? Is it money, A break, fame or is it the rave of the moment like the latest model of Benz, iPhone and the rest? Are those truely worth dying for? If you die, you cease to exist and the power to become has been taken away from you but as far you have life, there is room for a better tomorrow. What we make out of life is as a result of what we have on the inside. Work on yourself. Build capacity. Come out of you comfort zone and be creative. Learn from people's mistake and step up your game. W

HARD WORK BREEDS SUCCESS

Hello, It's funny how people sit down with arms crossed doing nothing and expect to become a living success. Many wait for luck or one prosperity prophecy spoken to them to miraculously bring them money. No! No! Things don't work that way. If you must reap, you must sow. We must work very hard to be successful. Even the bible says "faith without works is dead". No doubt, good things don't come easy but when we make perseverance our watch word we will surely attain our dreams. There is actually nothing like luck. What people call luck is when preparation meets opportunity and birth manifestation. So, the harder you work and the more you efficiently prepare, the luckier you become. Some may say " I'm not just lucky. Is not because Miss A was born into a rich family that things are working well for her"; yes, that may be a reason but someone, maybe her parents or grandparents has paid the price for things to come to her easily. Do